OK, so if you’ve never had scones, you are in for a treat! Scones got their start as a Scottish quick bread. Some say the word “Scone” is derived from a Dutch word meaning “Beautiful Bread.” We love these things! Bake them for breakfast or to go along with your afternoon tea. Your friends will love to share them with you when they stop over.
Prep time: 20 minutes / Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3c. Sugar
- 1T. Baking powder
- 1/2t. Salt
- 1t. Lime zest (do NOT skip this!!!)
- 6T. Butter
- 1/2c. Java Bite dried mangoes (cut in small pcs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2c. Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a circle 1/2 inch thick right onto the lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Score them into 8 triangles.
- Bake 13 – 15 minutes.
- Cut/break them apart and serve warm with butter and/or jam.